upcoming August/September 2016Salzburg, Austria – Kunstlerhaus, Salzburg, Austria
upcoming December 2016Bolinas Art Gallery, Bolinas, Ca.
March 2016Jack Fischer Gallery, two person show
December, 2015Miami Project (satelite of Art Basel) , Miami, Florida, represented by Jack Fischer Gallery
(SOLO upcoming September 2012)Jack Fischer Gallery, 49 Geary St., San Francisco, Ca.
2011Pro Arts Juried, Oakland, Ca.
May 19-22, 2011Art MRKT San Francisco, Concourse Exhibition Center, 620 7th Street, SF, Ca.
(06-09, 2011)William Havu Gallery, Denver 040 Cherokee Street Denver, Co.
Dec 2-5, 2010Aqua Miami, Jack Fischer Gallery, Miami Beach, Fl.
2009-2010“New Images of Man and Woman”, Alphonse Berber Gallery, Berkeley, Ca.
2009Eclectix Gallery, El Cerrito, Ca.
- California Small Works 12 Annual Exhibition, Sonoma Museum of Visual Art,
2000Santa Rosa, Ca.
- Fine Art Gallery, Danville, Ca, Printmaking: Illustrating Diversity of the
2000Medium, Danville, Ca.
1996Art in Embassies Program - United States Department of State, Vienna, Austria
1992871 Fine Arts Gallery, Group show, San Francisco, Ca.
1991 (SOLO)871 Fine Arts Gallery, 250 Sutter, San Francisco, Ca
1991 (SOLO)Shreve's, San Francisco, Ca.
- Village Theater Gallery, Danville, CA, "The Printed Page" - New Works by
1990Bay Area Printmakers
1987San Francisco Arts Commission Gallery, San Francisco, Ca.
1986University Press Bookstore Gallery, Berkeley, Ca
1984Goucher College, Towson, Md.
1983B.R. Kornblatt Gallery, (one-woman), Washington, D.C.
1980Arts International, Washington, D.C.
SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLESaturday, October 3, 2012 Frances Lerner “From calming to alarming” Kenneth Baker
VISUAL ART SOURCESaturday, October 20, 2012 (Visual Art Source) Review: “Frances Lerner” DeWitt Cheng
Click here to read the article
SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLESaturday, December 26, 2009
Review: 'New Images of Man and Woman'
Kenneth Baker, art critic
SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE“Frances Lerner paints puppets that Puzzle”
Jesse Hamlin, Special to The Chronicle
Thursday, January 21, 2010
EAST BAY EXPRESS“Back to the Future”
“Berkeley art historian Peter Selz reexamines the human condition”, By DeWitt Cheng, December 16, 2009
- Berkeley Art Museum
- University of San Francisco
- Robert Hass and Brenda Hillman
- Leo and Dorothy Braudy
- Bruce Johnson
COMMERCIAL WORK (publications)
- “Susan Rothenberg’s Horses” – Seneca Review – critical article (2000)
- Chain Magazine, University of Honolulu, Hawaii (2001)
- Cover for Firecage, a&bend press, San Francisco (2000)
- Artwork included in Prosodia - The New College of California Poetics Journal -(1999)
- Book illustrations for A Cat, Riverhead Books - Div. of Putnam Books, Madison Avenue, NY,NY (publication date: 1995) - author Leonard Michaels
- Book covers for Wesleyan University/New England Press - Death Tractates
- (1992), Bright Existence (1993), Loose Sugar (1997)
- Cover for Ploughshares literary magazine,
- Covers for The Seneca Review for Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- The Penumbra Press, fine arts and poetry books
- 1 'Epervier Press
- Maryland Arts Council publications
- Sole artist-in-residence, Salzburg, Austria, August/September 2016
- Vermont Studio Center 2007 – Full Fellowship
- Sonoma County Arts Council 2004
- Napa Valley Arts Council 2003, 2004
- Maryland Arts Council 1983,84,85
- Virginia Center for the Creative Arts 1982
- Master of Fine Arts, summa cum laude
- Master of Arts, summa cum laude
- University of Iowa
- Concentration: Printmaking
- Bachelor of Fine Arts,
- Ohio State University
- Master of Social Work, cum laude
- University of Maryland School of Social Work
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker: State of California
2004Santa Rosa Junior College – Extended Education for Adults
2004Santa Rosa Junior College, College for Kids
2003,04Napa Valley Arts Council – Artist in Schools Program
2002, 03Marin Country Day School – Turtle Rock Institute
2002Cultural Arts Council Sonoma County – Arts in Education
2001Nueva School, Hillborough, California –Create With Computers
1985D.C. Commission for the Arts and Humanities
1980 to 1981Maryland Center for the Arts - Goucher College
- Speaker at the North Bay Puppetry Guild, June 5, 2011
- "Art and the Mentally Ill" - committee member -Marin General Hospital representative - organized comprehensive art show of patients’ work –Marin Civic Center 2000
- Represented by Jack Fischer Gallery, 49 Geary, San Francisco, Ca., jackfischergallery.com